Sci-Fi Scarbs


I’m really pleased to be able to say that Sci-Fi Scarborough was as good this year as it was last year! A few people warned me last year that events can change from year to year, giving the invaluable advice that sometimes you have to just take each event as they come. But seriously, Sci-Fi Scarbs was great, just as welcoming and just as much fun as the first one.
What was really cool was that we met back up with some old friends for a lovely weekend and made some new ones as more people came up for a chat.
The orchestra was great, the live bands were cool, the cosplay was awesome, the quiz was tough and the atmosphere all weekend was buzzing.
The munchkins loved it too and worked as hard as they did last year, handing out bookmarks and discount codes for me and stalking the daleks. The little one was especially taken by the R2D2s who were the stars of the show. It was fantastic talking to Virginia Hey, Pam Rose, Terry Malloy and David Hine who all gave us lots of their time and advice, and it was a real opportunity for the munchkins to meet real people who dress up, act, draw and write for a living! It was a great weekend all round.
Writing is such a solitary affair, and there are times when I need nothing more than to throw a blanket over my head, sit under a tree and write, but having the chance to talk to people who know my books and like my stuff is amazing. I know I’ve said this before, but I still can’t explain how much it means to meet people who want to chat about my universe and all its goings on. I’m becoming more and more aware that I need to be careful what I say, having been accused of giving away spoilers for the first time!
Many thanks once again to my hubs and Andy and Steve for getting me out there into the world, to everyone who came along for a chat and some books, and special thanks to Lynn and family for looking after us last weekend. See you at the next one!

More photos on Facebook!

Comments

Popular Posts