#amwriting


I am. At last. After standing teetering on the edge where the end of book three left me, I have managed to gather my wits again and start writing, albeit in pencil scribbles in a notebook. I have launched myself into book four, met with an artist to discuss the graphic novelisation of my Thieves’ Guild series and started a YA book centred around my favourite guild characters.
Scattergun approach, I know, but I’m having fun. It’s weird to be writing again and not revising and reworking and editing. The process is very different. Finishing a book is really hard work. It can be all-consuming, tying the intricate knots of each loose thread throughout the whole story and sharing the intensity of the ending with the main character. Working at it until it’s right is challenging and then letting it go, out into the world, is tough.
Writing new stuff, especially at the start of a project, has an amazing sense of freedom and possibility. It’s like taking a breath of fresh air just after a rainstorm, standing on the top of a hill in bright sunshine, looking around to see all the different routes you could take and having no idea where they could take you. It’s exciting and that’s the best thing about writing.
So I am writing and enjoying it. (And really appreciating people getting in touch to say they’re enjoying my books! Many thanks to everyone who has contacted me with their feedback and support.)

A few people have been asking where they can get different formats of my eBooks. Here are some links to specific sites but if you can’t find what you need, Smashwords is always good for all formats!

The Thieves’ Guild Series: Residual Belligerence #1, Blatant Disregard #2 and Harsh Realities #3
Out now in paperback from Amazon and Waterstones and in eBook for Kindle, Nook, Kobo, iPad and iPhone. All eBook formats available at Smashwords. Also available to read through InkBok and Oyster.






Comments

Popular Posts