Focus or go for scattergun?


I’m finding it tough to concentrate at the moment. As well as working on book three of the Thieves’ Guild, I’m also writing a non-fiction book and working through some other ideas. I have two books out there already that I’m supposed to be marketing and selling. Add in my day job of working on other people’s books and the six weeks summer holiday entertaining two toddlers, and chaos ensues.
An article I read recently argued the importance of only working on one project at a time to focus. It made me feel bad. I’ve never been able to do just one thing at a time. I’m fickle.
A lot more people say to just write. Write and enjoy it. Whatever it is. Be prolific.
It would be wonderful to have the luxury of concentrating on one thing at a time, but that’s not me anyway.
The non-fiction book and other ideas I’m working on are a lot less fun than sci-fi. They’re serious. They don’t have big guns, merciless bounty hunters, back-stabbing traitors and poison-wielding assassins.
I’m enjoying writing NG, especially when Hilyer and LC are involved too, so that’s what I’ll stick to at the moment… in between play-doh disco, checking the Kindle sales and waiting for the football season to start.

ps. buy my books at Amazon (does that count as today’s marketing efforts?)

Comments

Popular Posts